Sunday, October 26, 2008

Memory Walk

This morning was the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk 2008 in New York City. It was so great to have my brother, nephew, nieces, and some of my good friends along participating in the Memory Walk with me. It was a two-mile walk through Riverside Park. We had spectacular weather, and the view overlooking the Hudson River surrounded by fall leaves was beautiful. Team "Ferrari & Friends" raised almost $1200 in donation for the organization. There easily had to have been about 1000 people (and dogs!) participating in the Walk. The Memory Walk was something that I've wanted to do for the past few years, but I always seemed like I was so busy. This year, however, I was determined to do it, and I'm so glad I did. My mother died from early onset Alzheimer's disease in 2006, and it was one of the most excruciating experiences that our family went through to watch her suffer from this horrific disease. With the support of my family, co-workers, and friends, I can say for a fact that we definitely made a difference today. A hearty thanks goes out to all those who helped sponsor our team, and a big hug goes out to my family and friends in the above picture who participated in the Walk. The photograph of us was taken this morning by my friend Ted Fisher of New York Portraits. Thanks, Ted! Hopefully he'll soon post more photos of the Walk on his blog.

No comments: