Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Joy of Travel

Those of you who follow the adventures of bklynbiblio know travel comes into play a lot for me, and you know how much I enjoy writing about it. In that spirit, I just caught this inspiring travel-related video on another blog and thought I'd share it too. It's called Move and it's by Rick Mereki, an independent filmmaker in Australia (hence the Sydney Opera House; image: Paul Banwart). Mereki's 1-minute film captures his (adorable!) friend Andrew Lees simply "moving" around the world. Once I went to Mereki's Vimeo site, I discovered he has made 2 other short films that are fantastic as well: Eat and Learn. Mereki writes about the films: "3 guys, 44 days, 11 countries, 18 flights, 38 thousand miles, an exploding volcano, 2 cameras and almost a terabyte of footage...all to turn 3 ambitious linear concepts based on movement, learning and food....into 3 beautiful and hopefully compelling short films." Beautiful and compelling they definitely are. If you love to travel, they'll remind you why. If you're afraid to travel, then hopefully this will convince you to Move.




No comments: