Monday, June 4, 2012

London, Llandudno, and Leeds


In April I announced that I was an invited guest speaker at a conference on Polychromy and Its Environments: New Perspectives on Colour and the Display of Nineteenth-Century Sculpture at the Henry Moore Institute. That time is now upon us. I'll be heading to London first, and ending in Leeds, but I must say that I'm rather excited that I'll be traveling with my cousin HA to Llandudno, Wales for 2 nights. It will be my first time to Wales, and we'll be stomping through John Gibson's birth land in and around Conwy on the north shore of the country. On the list of things to do is visit Bodelwyddan Castle (above) in Rhyl, where some of Gibson's sculptures are on display as long-term loans from the Royal Academy of Arts. I'm sure I'll be posting on Facebook and blogging as time permits. See you soon! Or, as they say in Welsh, Gweler chi cyn bo hir! I can't even begin to think how you would pronounce that.

No comments: